i have worked in morden for over 7 years, but have never ventured beyond a handful of eating establishments. i have started this blog, with a view to visiting every vendor of hot grub (excluding global fast food chains like subway and dominos, but including uk fast food chains like gregg's and chicken cottage) within a mile radius of morden tube station.

morden sits at the southern end of the northern line in zone 4. it's in a no man's land between wimbledon (extremely affluent), and mitcham (...not affluent), and is consequently home to people from a broad range of ethnicities and socio-economic backgrounds. the area is (with the best will in the world) extremely dull. however, this blog will celebrate the mediocrity of this inner london suburb, through food.

SUPPORT LOCAL INDEPENDENT BUSINESS!

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Gregg's - 08.04.2015

EATERY: Greggs The Baker, 54 London Road, Morden
FOOD ORDERED: Bacon and Omlette Roll




"Greggulators: mount up"

It was a clear fresh morning, the sky was blue, Garry G was on the streets, trying to consume, some breakfast for the morn, so I can get some funk, just rollin' in my van, which I'd just dropped off at the garage owing to an issue with the timing belt.

Just hit the north side of the PCT*, on a mission trying to find Mr. Greggs the B, seen a counter full of meat ain't no need for more, all you skirts know what's up in the SM4.

So I hooks a right on the Morden road, just £1.85 for a bacon and omlette roll, I bumped out my wallet and said "what's up?", but the lady serving me said "sorry we're out of omlette love".

I'm gettin' jacked, I'm breaking myself, I can't believe they taking Garry's wealth, they took my cash, but they got no eggs, I looked at my brother said "Damn, what's next?"

Ten rashers under the hot lights and two in my roll, but the bacon in my sandwich appeared to be cold, I would have lodged a complaint but it's a tad bit late, Garry G put the sandwich in the microwave.

Gregg's have the market corned and they all around, but you can't argue with their value pound for pound, if you want a quality sandwich there's better places to eat, but brekky for under 2 quid, they can't be beat.



QUALITY: 6/10
PORTION SIZE: 6/10
PRICE: 7/10
SERVICE: 7/10
ATMOSPHERE: 5/10

OVERALL: 6.2/10

(*Primary Care Trust)

No comments:

Post a Comment